Date(s) - 10/11/2017 - 18/11/2017
- Guest User
- Guest User
Summary what was training about:
The term European citizenship has recently become a buzz word. Everyone speaks about it, but no one really knows what does it mean and people keep asking: Is it just about politics? Is European citizenship a V.I.P. club? Where does it start and end? How can put it to our projects? How can we make it concrete and practical? ACT was a training course, which was developed as a module for youth workers/trainers and youth leaders to help them to answer their questions concerning the (European) citizenship issues. We approached the idea of citizenship on three different levels: locally, nationally and in the European context. We worked on case, examples and Europe in practice. Together, we were working on improving the methods on how to motivate youngsters for participation in their community and beyond.
Aim: ACT was a training course that aimed to support the professional development of young trainers and to raise the quality of their projects concerning (European) citizenship.
- pointing out the connection between citizenship, responsibility for one‘s immediate environment and society and active participation,
- experiencing, discussing and sharing historical and recent understandings of citizenship and its implications for participation,
- approaching different levels of citizenship (local – national – international/European),
- sharing different visions and understandings of citizenship,
- reflecting on the notion of European identity and its underlying values (democracy, tolerance, plurality, human rights),
- experiencing European citizenship in prax by simulations, cases and method development.
Results of the project:
Participants were from Denmark , Austria , Cyprus , Czech Republic , Estonia , France , Greece , Italy , Malta , Poland , Romania , Spain and Slovakia .
Participation in the project
If you would like to apply for project, please answer the following questions:
Prihlasovanie na tento projekt bolo uzatvorené. Momentálne prebieha výber účastníkov.