Date(s) - 15/10/2019 - 22/10/2019
Ponte de Lima, Portugal
- Guest User
- Guest User
- Guest User
Summary what was training about:
Within the last years, the rate of unemployment, especially among young people, has drastically raised, and represents one of the main issues in Europe and beyond. The magnitude of the problem, and its ongoing impact on the communities of EU and non EU member states, has varied a lot and is in constant development. According to the 2016 Eurostat data, the unemployment rate of the economically active population is 8.9%, with peaks of over 24.0% unemployed people in Greece and 20.4% in Spain. Within the youngsters category under the age of 25, the situation is even more dramatic, with a percentage more than doubled, 21.6% in the EU, 51.9% in Greece , 45.3% in Spain, 40.3% in Croatia, 39.1% in Italy and 30.0% in Portugal. (…) Throughout the SWOT needs analysis undertaken between 1st of October and end of December 2017 in our partner NGOs internal staff and their youth beneficiaries, we have concluded common obstacles in joining labour market of newly graduated and youth who became/will become newly NEETs:
- lack of career guidance provided by competent youth workers;
- difficulties in active job search of NEETs (at local/EU level), offline and online;
- lack of foreign language skills of NEETs for finding a job (English first);
- perpetuated belief set up on the old theorem “university degree=job” hence, graduating from formal EDU system is enough for finding a proper job;
- excessive concentration on theoretical knowledge of youngsters acquired within the formal education system, and lack of skills development strategies;
- lack of youth knowledge on how to build up CVs (traditional, innovative, EU formats) and attend successfully a job interview (key questions, preparation, tips, challenges, communication);
- insufficient knowledge of youth on opportunities offered by EU and EU institutions (programs, strategies, websites).
Starting from our analysis, we set up the aim of our project to foster employability of young people in their communities and in Europe, through the development of skills, knowledge and attitudes useful to enter the labour market. As we developed the concept we set up several objectives to be reached throughout our project:
- To enhance 24 youth workers’ competences on career guidance, counseling, orienteering, and coaching unemployed youth, with practical tools during the mobility;
- To develop 24 youth workers’ knowledge regarding EU youth opportunities by exploring and mapping platforms, portals, strategies and websites for European job opportunities and the ways to use them to enhance active job search of young people;
- To develop during the whole implementation of the project a network of youth workers and leaders among EU to collect and promote best practices, challenges, ideas, obstacles and policies related with youth employability in Europe;
- To share and create efficient and creative models for CV creation and undertaking of job interviews;
- To empower the role of the E+ program and NFE as tools to boost the employability and labor market awareness of youngsters in EU.
Participants were from Portugal , Czech Republic , Italy , Belgium , Romania , Slovenia , Malta and Slovakia . From each country 3 or 4 participants.
Participation in the project
If you would like to apply for project, please answer the following questions:
Pre tento projekt sme už vybrali účastníkov.