Date(s) - 20/08/2021 - 27/08/2021
We believe that promoting active citizenship, in order to build a stronger and more democratic Europe, can only be achieved by creating a tight network of associations that promote the values of tolerance, intercultural dialogue and political participation. The purpose of the project was to achieve more active involvement of young people in decision making process in society.
In this regard, the objectives we have set were:
- Increasing the knowledge of the participants during the 10 days of the mobility on their rights and duties as citizens and how they can influence through an active attitude the decision making process.
- Developing a positive attitude for the participants during the duration of the project regarding the importance of sharing and being promoters of the citizen’s rights and the way that they can influence the decision making process.
The main objectives of the project was reached through presentations, debates and non-formal activities during the 10 days of the mobility.
The project coordinator and facilitator was Adrian Calugaru, who worked in 2018 at the Youth and Sport Ministry of Romania, being in charge with the preparation for the Presidency of Romania at the Council of European Union. During the mobility, he shared his experience from that period, bringing lots of inside and “under the curtain” information from the framework of the Brussels meetings 🙂 In order to ensure the learning outcomes and the achievement of the objectives the organisers used several non-formal education methods:
- daily energizing sessions, based on team and group games, that will prepare participants for daily activities, also aiming to strengthen the cohesion of the group and improving teamwork techniques;
- “World Cafe” round tables, where the participants discuss about topics related to the subject of the project
- Reinforcing methods such as the use of online materials or other practical examples in the field of active citizenship & volunteering
- Workshops & presentations made by each national group
- Intercultural evenings where the participants will know the cultural, traditional, culinary and cultural specifics and social status of their countries of origin; – games and activities to relax and strengthen cooperation between participants;
- A simulation of an electoral campaign, during which participants will be split in international teams that will represent each a political party that will fight for better youth rights in a virtual community that will be created during the mobility
- Teamwork for discussing the practical theme of developing proposals / activities addressed participating organizations and the NGO environment in participating countries, political decision-makers or a target audience defined by participants divided into international teams.