Date(s) - 21/10/2017 - 29/10/2017
- Guest User
- Guest User
- Guest User
feedback from one of the participant:
“hello 🙂 I can say that it was a very interesting experience, I learned something more about the” Human library “, which was my priority and, of course, about a thousand other things – I am glad that I have a chance to participate in” Simona
Summary what was training about:
Project “Youth work and youth trainings for inclusion and acceptance of diversity” puts accent on organising quality non-formal education activities for intercultural acceptance and inclusion of excluded/marginalised groups, and especially of immigrants and asylum seekers.
The project consisted of several activities, and one of those was this training course “NFE – opportunity for inclusion and acceptance of immigrants and asylum seekers”. The training course was organised in Ferrara, Italy in October 2017.
Specific objectives of the training course were:
• To share realities and experiences with discrimination, exclusion and marginalization of different groups (including migrants and refugees) in different European countries
• To explore and promote intercultural acceptance of diversity and respect of Fundamental / Human Rights in Europe
• To increase participants’ ability to deeply understand and empathise with different socially excluded and marginalised groups in our communities
• To analyse the implemented practices and to recommend how best to use the NFE and experiential learning for inclusion and acceptance of immigrants and asylum seekers in our youth work
• To encourage creativity in developing new or adapting existing methods of NFE for inclusion and acceptance of diversity youth work
• To provide interaction of our youth workers with asylum seekers and thus to get out youth workers motivated for more consistent engagement on youth work for inclusion and acceptance
The training course was hosted in the hostel in Ferrara (IT) which is social enterprise and employs and gathers asylum seekers to offer them opportunity to be employed while waiting for their asylums to be resolved. Thus, in the programme of that training course was also planned and arranged the whole afternoon of Living Library with the asylum seekers. Thanks to that innovative element, our participants were able to see specific NFE method (Living library) adapted for the specific circumstances and target groups and were inspired and motivated to work on issues of inclusion and acceptance of diversity deeply.
Participants were from Italy , Croatia , Serbia , Macedonia , Bosnia and Herzegovina , Greece , Czech Republic and Slovakia .
Participation in the project
If you would like to apply for project, please answer the following questions:
Pre tento projekt sme už vybrali účastníkov.