01/01/2020 - 31/05/2022
V rámci projektu organizujem rôzne ekologicko-športové podujatia t.j. také, ktoré prispejú k ochrane životného prostredia a zároveň k pohybu ľudí. Projekt koordinujeme v spolupráci s partnermi zo 7 ďalších krajín, kde podobné podujatia zorganizujeme tiež! ?
Viac informácií o čom projekt je v angličtine:
It’s inevitable that we have to do something about climate change. Not only reduce, reuse and recycle, but we can actively contribute to protect our planet and take direct action. Pollution is enormous problem and lack of recycling is even bigger challenge. Therefore, in the last years, there were new types of activities developed and promoted in order to tackle both – lack of physical movement of people, but also increasing pollution of our nature, beaches, forests….
There are various activities that can be organized combining sport and physical activities with enviro actions:
– collecting trash while walking or hiking
– water sports clean-up / using diving, rafting, kayaking
– planting trees event
– learning about nature event / observing animals, plants
– repair café workshop / sport equipment workshop / building birdhouses workshop,
– environmental sport outdoor education programs and games that combine physical movement with environmental learning
– sport event using eco-friendly products or principles,
– yoga or other cardio meetups on the beach or in the parks (and before or after clean-up event),
and many others
We are confident that „if many little people, in many little places, do many little things, they can change the face of the Earth“.
Therefore the aim of the project is to promote sport and physical activities that not only contribute to better health, but has also positive impact on environment (2 in 1).
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROJECT:
- to promote and develop new methods of environmental education through sport,
- to increase amount of organized events – best practice collection like clean-up events, plogging, planting trees, birdhouse building, repair cafés etc. on local level,
- to generate public awareness about possible connection of sport and protection of environment,
- to foster citizens engagement in sport, but also encourage them to take action towards better environment,
- to improve knowledge and experience of representatives of sport clubs and youth workers about concept of eco-sports,
- to provide opportunities in the urban life style to keep people’s physical and mental health and to significantly decrease the stress levels,
- to build a society who feels close and attached to nature will contribute to using natural resources sustainably and thus building sustainable cities,
- to contribute to social inclusion of young people from disadvantaged background.
- Kick-off meeting of representatives of partner organizations in Bratislava, Slovakia (March 2020);
- Research about already organized events and possible methods – best practice collection how to combine sport and protection of environment (April – June 2020);
- Development of Sport and Nature Education programs (July – September 2020)
- Mid-term meeting in Portugal (March 2021)
- Local Eco-Sport Events (at least 5) organized in each partner country. Partner organizations will focus on involvement also kids and young people from different disadvantaged background – e.g. migrants, minorities, NEET, roma or young people at radicalization etc.) – around 20 participants on each event (April – October 2021)
- Sport and Nature Education Programs for representatives of sport clubs, youth workers, teachers in Slovakia and Turkey (July – October 2021)
- Final conference and evaluation meeting in Turkey (October 2021)where project results will be presented