16/06/2022 - 24/06/2022
More info about the project:
As of 2014, 143 countries have guaranteed equality between men and women in their constitutions, but unfortunately one third of the developing countries are still falling behind with achieving this goal. Women and girls represent half of the world’s population and therefore also half of its potential. But, today gender inequality
persists everywhere and unfortunately stagnates the social progress. Thus, gender equality still seems like a faraway goal. Even with the progress that has been made, the numbers continue to tell a discouraging story. For example, disadvantages in education translate into lack of access to skills and limited opportunities in the labor
market. In fact, over 2 billion women don’t have the same employment options as men, and at this current rate it will take about a century to close the global pay gap. Furthermore, while human trafficking affects men and women, women and girls make up over 70% of the world’s human trafficking victims. In the face of this data, gender
equality needs to be a priority. Regardless of where we live in, gender equality is a fundamental human right.
The project’s objectives are the following:
● To enable gaining knowledge and change in young people’s attitudes regarding the importance and benefits of supporting gender equality;
● To allow exchange of issues and realities between young people living in societies with low gender gap and those coming from countries with higher levels of inequalities;
● To explore the factors contributing to gender inequality and to discuss solutions and actions;
● To enable young people to acquire digital skills and to encourage them to use their knowledge for contributing to a greater cause;
● To support active youth involvement, as well as to promote social inclusion and anti-discrimination;
● To promote the Erasmus+ programme and to support greater recognition of non-formal education;
● To encourage intercultural encounters and acceptance of cultural differences.
Participants were from North Macedonia , Italy , Turkey , Serbia , Bulgaria , Lithuania and Slovakia . There were 6 participants from each country.