23/09/2022 - 01/10/2022
More info about the project:
Recently, in Europe most mental health problems are closely linked with social exclusion, loss of social contacts and sociability, as shown through an extensive analysis in research called The Effect of COVID-19 on Youth Mental Health. In this setting arises the need of strengthening the resilience and mental health of youth, as well as their social inclusion, especially for youth who are disadvantaged and hard to reach. This training course was created with the AIM to increase the capacity of youth workers to stimulate the inclusion and empowerment of disadvantaged young people (including youth with mental health issues), through nature based methods and activities.
Out aims were:
1. To enhance by 75% their degree of understanding the characteristics and particularities of disadvantaged youth.
2. To increase by 75% their degree of understanding the use of nature as an environment that stimulates the learning, participation, inclusion/connection and empowerment of disadvantaged youth.
3. To improve by 75% their specific professional competences to use efficient and sustainable methods, activities and concepts based on nature for the development of disadvantaged youth.
4. To increase by 75% their personal and professional motivation to work with disadvantaged youth.
5. To implemente follow-up nature-based educational action plans with disadvantaged youth in the
Participants were from Sweden , Hungary , Romania , North Macedonia , Poland , Turkey , Greece and Slovakia . There were 4 participants from each country.