Date(s) - 09/03/2020 - 16/03/2020
The main aim of this training course was to equip youth leaders and youth workers with the skills and knowledge needed for the development of innovative programs in circular economy
and being able to engage youth to re-think the economic system they are experiencing every day:
- To raise awareness and understanding of circular economy and its benefits over a traditional linear economy for more brighter future of the EU
- To equip youth workers with knowledge and overview on the EU circular economy policies and practices.
- To promote prevention and present new methods of waste recovery.
- To empower youth workers to engage youth and advocate for greener environment without producing waste, following a circular economy approach.
- To increase the environmental awareness of youth workers and create campaigns to get the message to young people and stakeholders.
- To give platform for youth workers to share best practices among themselves in regards to transmitting environmental awareness to young people
We believe that participants and organizations involved will help to achieve Sustainable Development Goals and the fight against climate change. By transferring knowledge, skills and competences to participants in the circular economy, we strengthen the role of youth NGOs in managing food waste and in ensuring greener environment. Moreover, participants should transmit the knowledge to young people afterwards and raising awareness on the topic and engaging youth to be multipliers themselves.
Participants were from Bulgaria , Denmark , Spain , Belgium , Greece , Germany , Italy and Slovakia . There were 3 participants from each country.