Date(s) - 19/06/2022 - 22/06/2022
Main goal of the project was to raise capacities of involved organizations to support positive youth development through sport with special focus to be paid to skills development of young people.
Project outcomes were:
– participants explored that sport is a learning environment with distinctive demands, programme designs, coach characteristics and strategies;
– participants shared good practices and developing new innovative practices aiming to increase quality of services provided by organizations working in the field of youth;
– we raised awareness of public on the importance of the sport in the process of youth development and empowering young people including young people with fewer opportunities;
By reaching the project objectives we aimed to develop capacities of organizations representing both sectors: youth and sport. Especially, we aimed to support cooperation between both sectors with the goal to provide young people quality activities supporting their development. We believe that sport has a significant impact on youth development nevertheless we are aware that we need to develop our capacities to design and to deliver sport based activities in the settings of non-formal education taking in consideration the needs and interests of young people and actively supporting their development.
The participants of the meeting belonged to various target groups:
– staff of sport clubs and organizations involved in preparation and delivering sport programmes and activities for young people including young people with fewer opportunities;
– staff or volunteers of youth organizations working on developing new practices motivated to include sport activities targeting various groups of young people including young people with fewer opportunities;
– young people looking for new opportunities for self and professional development through sport activities,
– youth workers, leaders, educators, trainers and sport activists motivated to develop their competences to use sport to empower young people and support development of their skills;
Participants were from North Macedonia , Denmark and Slovakia . There were 6 participants from each country.