Date(s) - 14/05/2017 - 23/05/2017
- Guest User
- Lucia Svatá
- Guest User
Picture taken during celebration of “Day of Norway” which was on 17 May during TC and participants also took part in celebrations 🙂
Background of the project
The MDGs (Millennium Development Goals) were ambitiously set to be met by 2015 in order to reduce poverty in the world and to increase the quality of life around the globe. MDG together with other international global frameworks incorporate issues of: education, women rights, poverty, health, environment, children rights, global partnership and reflect strongly the global interdependencies that are in the world and how the globalization process leads to social injustice towards actions are required. Global education is one pillars of the long term changes desired in our society and is part of the priorities of global actors.
The main goal of the project was to develop practical competencies in global education among young Europeans and youth workers.
More specific objectives were:
- To increase the knowledge level of young people in topics like: global interdependencies (from cultural, economical and political approach), MDG-s, post 2015 framework, social and global justice, climate change, consumerism and sustainable lifestyle, etc.
- To develop practical skills in various global education methods and in non-formal education in general;
- To create pro-active attitudes towards global issues;
- To encourage participation and involvement of young people in social processes;
- To develop sense of common responsibility for the future of their local communities from a global perspective; (to think global and act local)
- To stimulate the participants to act as global education multipliers in their own organization and regions;
The approach of the training was focused on developing specific global education and multiplying competencies and it made use of the richness of experiential learning and non-formal education in general (it had a strong practical approach)
During the training course the participants went through a non-formal educational process that included topics such as: global interdependencies (from cultural, economical and political approach), MDG-s and other international frameworks, post 2015 agenda and discussion, social and global justice, climate change, consumerism and sustainable lifestyle, educational and methodological tools, “take action”.
Participation in the project
If you would like to apply for project, please answer the following questions:
Pre tento projekt sme už vybrali účastníkov.