Date(s) - 01/10/2020 - 30/09/2021
Beata is on 1-year volunteering project in the National Portrait Gallery.
About the National Portrait Gallery:
Our goal is to find and make available to anyone in the internet database the portraits of everybody who have been part of Hungarian history with their lives and work. We also aim to scientifically identify the historical portraits we have found, and to promote education and dissemination of knowledge about those people. Our work help the professionals like historians, illustrators, art historcians, family tree researchers and educators, but also to public in general.
About the project:
Volunteers take part in the following activities:
● preparation and editing of a catalog, conducting research work: participation in the editing of the ouvre catalog of Miklós Barabás,
● organization and implementation of exhibitions: assistance in organizing the gallery’s temporary exhibitions, preparatory work, contact with the owners of the portraits, arrangement of the exhibition space, assistance in the process of organizing and conducting exhibition openings.
● publication editing: participation in the editing of publications and graphic materials related to exhibitions, graphic work
● research- family tree research: under the guidance of the experts of our foundation, the volunteers will have the opportunity to immerse themselves in the mysteries of family tree and portrait research, to participate in field work and to participate in related trainings.
● Website editing, database management: assistance in maintaining and updating the online database of portraits, as well as editing the foundation’s website and social media interfaces, blogging on the project and volunteering.
● own project: the foundation is open to helping volunteers implement other ideas related to the topic, both in the field of museum pedagogy, restoration and research