Date(s) - 02/08/2023 - 09/08/2023
The project, “In their shoes”, wants to awake the critical thinking of four groups of 6 teenagers each one (between 15 and 18 years old), about the reality that the illegal immigrant live during the migration process, focusing the attention in the Refugee Crisis that we are experiencing in Europe. We intend to show up the problems and barriers that immigrants have to fight, as well as all the ways of discrimination they suffer (Racism and Xenophobia). We aim to prevent discriminatory behaviour and ideological radicalisation by working on the emotional management, social skills and critical thinking of young people.
Furthermore “in their shoes” wants to educate future agents of social change. We intend to make Young people involve on the programme ponder about North-South differences, and to develop empathy towards victims of social unjust. We aim, to deconstruct the myths about immigrants using debate, reflection and multimedia content analysis, and to understand the different kinds of situations of racism and discrimination that they live in their daily life through role-playing and Active games which allow us to feel and be in the skin of an immigrant for a while.
– Empathize, learning to put ourselves “in the shoes” of the other.
– Breaking the myths and stereotypes that we have towards immigrants and / or refugees.
– Identify the image that is presented to us of immigrants in the cinema and the media.
– Promote coexistence and intercultural dialogue.
– Arouse curiosity towards the unknown, from an inclusive and integrating perspective.
– Improve and enhance social and communication skills in other languages.
– Live an intercultural experience that promotes the integral development of the participants.
Youth exchange is for everyone who is interested in the topic and would like to travel and meet new people and cultures. Between the age of 15 – 18, leader can be over 30.
Participants were from Croatia , Italy , Spain and Slovakia . There were 7 participants from each country.