Date(s) - 16/10/2019 - 23/10/2019
Summary what was youth exchange about:
Youth exchange aimed to bring closer different cultures and get to know each other through the combination of intercultural dynamics and the use of photography as a tool of expression. We wanted to know different aspects of each participant’s culture and express that knowledge with the photography as a way of communication.
During the project we realized different activities that allowed us to know the culture, gastronomy, sport… characteristics of the partners. Every day a thematic activity was realized and the process of the activity and result was to reflect with photos. As a result of the youth exchange and for the dissemination of project activities an exhibition of the thematic photos was done in different points of the Municipality of Alfafar, so the work will be known for the local people.
Project activities were based on non-formal education methods and Experiential Learning like: workshops, presentations, teambuilding activities, icebreaking games, intercultural activities (in relation to gastronomy, sport and culture), and nocturnal dynamics.
The project goals were:
- Know the art of photography as tool of communication.
- Stimulate young people’s creativity through photographic dynamics.
- Foster the self-confidence and personal knowledge of participants.
- Share intercultural experiences and knowledge through the use of photography.
- Promote intercultural dialogue and tolerance between different cultures. Encourage European youth cooperation.
Youth exchange was intended for participants between 17-30 years old. Participants were from Spain , Bulgaria , Italy , Estonia and Slovakia . There were 6 participants from each country.