Date(s) - 01/07/2022 - 30/06/2024
The recent Eurobarometer about Physical Activity (2018) provides compelling evidence about the need to promote health enhancing physical activity across Europe. More specifically, almost half of European citizens (46%) never exercise or play sports. Unfortunately the percentage of European citizens who never exercise or play sport has increased from 42% to 46%, there is evidence that Europeans are now less likely to engage in other physical activities as compared with a few years ago, in 2013; inactivity percentage has increased, from 30% to 35%. the percentage of people exercising or playing sport regularly or with some regularity is higher in Finland (69%), Sweden (67%) and Denmark (63%), as compared to Romania, Bulgaria, Italy and Greece (participation to exercise and systematic activity in these countries ranges from 32% to 38%.
The project address the topic of encouraging participation in sport and physical activity especially by supporting Council Recommendation on HEPA and EU Physical Activity Guidelines, since it aims at increasing of parent-child outdoor physical activity. EU-level action can help member-states and sport governing bodies and authorities to more effectively address emerging and ongoing health and societal issues such as physical inactivity, obesity, cardiovascular and other chronic diseases that are related to the absence of an active lifestyle.
- include a desk research and field investigation to produce an evidence base on the role of parents in promoting children’s health enhancing physical activity
- use this evidence to produce educational resources for coaches and trainers, physical educators and parents
- utilise new technologies for physical activity and sport “gamification” (i.e., mobile app) to promote the contemporary participation of adults and child and the promotion within the school
- develop a network of sport stakeholders, i.e, sport associations and sport clubs, that have a vested interest in promoting health enhancing physical activity, and
- establish a thorough and extensive dissemination plan to share this knowledge with stakeholders across Europe.
PICTURES FROM TWO TRANSNANTIONAL PROJECTS MEETINGS IN ROME AND BELGRADE
- Developing a research study on best practices about educational activities promoting outdoor physical activity participation
- Conducting a field investigation of physical educators’, coaches’ and trainers’, and parents’ beliefs about how to improve parent-chilD interactions and eventually promote outdoor physical activity participation
- Developing evidence-based educational material including training modules for physical educators, trainers, coaches and parents
- Testing the usability and effectiveness of the educational material in educating physical educators, coaches and trainers, and parents on how to promote outdoor physical activity participation
- Developing and proposing a European public policy to redefine and upgrade parent- child interactions and facilitate outdoor physical activity participation
- Creation and Develop of a dedicated mobile app. The development of a gamified model to encourage people involved in physical activity through provision of information and rewards for participation in outdoors physical activities is expected to further enhance the potential of the project’s outputs
Follow us for more information on: