18/07/2018 - 01/08/2018
Tomin Gaj, Croatia
O čom tento dobrovoľnícky projekt bol?
“Dragon´s quest“ EVS was a short-term 15 day long EVS from 18.7. – 1.8.2018., placed in a small village Tomin Gaj in mountainous rural region of Lika in Croatia, gathering 16 young volunteers from 4 different countries – Slovakia, Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Bulgaria. This volunteer project was coordinated by Outward Bound Croatia, OBC – organization active all around Croatia, in cooperation with the local community of Gračac and surrounding areas. Main focus of “Dragon’s quest EVS” was a 5-day „Dragon´s quest“ festival (26. – 30.7.2018.) of creativity, arts and crafts, that is an initiative of the local community and local small NGO “Vilin dol“.
VOLUNTEERS HAD A CHANCE:
- WORKING IN A MULTICULTURAL TEAM, IN ENGLISH
- LEARNING BY DOING, LEARNING FROM EXPERIENCE
- OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES AND OUTDOOR LIFESTYLE IN NATURE
- HELPING THE LOCAL COMMUNITY AND CLEANING THE ENVIRONMENT
- HELPING DURING THE FESTIVAL
- ENJOY THE EVENING PROGRAMS WITH DJ´S AND TRANCE MUSIC (Facebook page of festival: Dragon’s Quest)
- GAINING KNOWLEDGE ABOUT ERASMUS+ OPPORTUNITIES
- GETTING TO KNOW CROATIA IN THE 4 FREE DAYS (POSSIBILITES TO GO TO THE SEASIDE, OR HIKING OR
ANYTHING YOU LIKE
…AND TO DEVELOP:
- creativity, cultural awareness and expression, sense of initiative and active citizenship
- awareness of the environment and sustainable living (volunteers will live in an outdoor camp, sleep in tents, cook
outdoors and spend full 2 weeks in the nature)
- practice English (working language) but also learn Croatian in informal way
- learn about Croatian culture, language and local community
- learn about the Erasmus+ program and Erasmus+ youth opportunities (EVS and European solidarity corps)
- get empowered and motivated to involve as volunteers again, on local level back home or in another country.
VOLUNTEER`S TASKS WERE:
- Contribute to local community , help the realization of the festival (26. – 30.7.2018.).
- Arrive 8 days before the beginning of the festival to help in preparation, during the festival in the organization team and after the festival help in closing and evaluations.
- Help in cleaning the area, the visitors’ camp, setting up the locals stands (food, art works, traditional handicrafts etc.).
- Promote the festival in the local community .
- Help on workshops with kids. Deliver some workshops and/or presentations during the festival .
- Help with welcoming and supporting visitors (Festival will gather up to 300 visitors) showing the locations, the program and leading activities.
- Photo and video documentation of the project
Účasť na projekte
If you would like to apply for project, please answer the following questions:
Prihlasovanie na tento projekt bolo uzatvorené. Momentálne prebieha výber účastníkov.