01/01/2018 - 31/12/2018
Možnosť zúčastniť sa na 12-mesačnej Európskej dobrovoľníckej služby v druhom najväčšom meste Grécka – Thessaloniki/Solún! Začiatok je v januári 2018 (presný deň začiatku podľa dohody). Viac informácií čo EDS vlastne je si môžete prečítať v tomto článku: http://www.adelslovakia.org/moznosti-pre-vas/europska-dobrovolnicka-sluzba-skvela-alternativa-najma-pre-absolventov
O organizácii kde bude dobrovoľník pôsobiť:
United Societies of Balkans (U.S.B.) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization based in Thessaloniki, Greece working in the field of youth mobility, participation and facilitating youth awareness about social issues. It was founded in 2008 by the inception of a group of active young people who wanted to address the social issues which affect the youngsters in the Balkans and Eastern Europe. The vision of the organisation is the promotion of youth mobility, youth involvement and participation, voluntarism and human rights.
U.S.B.’s objectives and values are actualized in the society and the needs of the youngsters by:
- Promoting the values of non formal learning, voluntarism, active citizenship and democracy for the creation of a better future for the European youth;
- Promoting human rights, solidarity and respect for diversity amongst youth and the society;
- Involving minorities and immigrants into youth activities;
- Building healthy cooperation bridges between countries of the area of the Balkans and Eastern Europe with the rest of Europe;
- Using New Media and Citizens’ Journalism methodologies to encourage youth expression, to raise awareness about Human Rights and to promote intercultural dialogue;
- Utilizing arts as a tool for the cultivation and expression of youth;
- Locating and multiplying the special cultural attributes of our societies;
- Breaking down prejudices and stereotypes among the European countries and amongst youth.
The ‘Balkan Hot Spot’ Programme deals with the service of volunteers coming from member-countries of the EVS Programme. This is a project which is already running in the office of our organisation since 2009, having hosted until now more than 150 volunteers.
EVS will consist of those main activities:
1. Web Media: E-radio, E-magazine (“Balkan Beats”) and an Etelevision, with the main contribution of our volunteers. Through the eradio and the e-journal, the volunteers, in cooperation with the youth of the local society and of the other volunteers of our organisation, will have the opportunity to create a space of free expression and communication of young people, always within the context of the subjects, the principles and the goals of the Programme “Erasmus Plus”. More details can be found at www.usbngo.gr, https://www.youtube.com/user/ngoUSB and http://issuu.com/search?q=balkan+beats
2. Personal project: with the support of an experienced mentor, there is a concrete personal development plan, through of which each volunteer is building their personality and creates a life plan. In order for this to be achieved there is the opportunity to develop a project of their interest with the support of the organisation.
Role of the volunteer
The activities in which the volunteer will get involved are:
• Organisation and development of an e-radio with emphasis on youth social issues of the Balkans.
• Organisation and development of web-tv.
• Create documentaries emphasised on social issues and cultural activities of Thessaloniki.
• Help with the technicalities needed for the e-radio to be operative.
• Maintenance of the e-radio through the creation of a playlist based on songs from the whole of Balkan countries, which will be broadcasted on daily basis.
• Organise a team of volunteers which will run the live programme of the e-radio.
• Help the local volunteers and participate themselves in the recording of the programmes to be broadcasted in the scheduled hours.
• Organisation, development and maintenance of an e-journal. The volunteer will be assisted by experienced members of the Hosting
• Organisation and will be provided with the necessary technical tools on which they would have been trained on beforehand.
• Find topics covering issues that interest young people and that can lead to a discussion among them through online conversations or articles that will be uploaded in the e-journal.
• Find projects that could promote the activity and disseminate its results.
• Participate in approved programmes, so that they will develop more skills and capacities.
• Participation in special events and meetings organised by the Project: The volunteer might take part in some events that will be organised by the Project on special dates dedicated in EU or Human Rights. These events always have a huge turnout and offer the chance to strongly promote the work done by the Project. The volunteer will play a central role by adding a European dimension to these public events and motivating the local youth to participate. Using their creativity, their knowledge from their country and their visions they can find attractive and effective ways to help with relevant games, presentations, leaflets etc. Moreover the organization in collaboration with the volunteers organize often TANDEM events in the city for local people who want to exchange with the volunteers their knowledge in their native languages.
• Participation in some public events organized by the local authorities, other organizations or festivals such as the International Film Festival of Thessaloniki. During these events the volunteer will have the opportunity to be with the locals, socialise, practice the language, and get a good taste of the “Greek spirit”.
There are three 3-day seminars on Media. The seminars are organised by the organisation with the support of professionals on video shooting, editing, web radio, journalism etc. Between the seminars there is a 15- day practice with needed goals to achieve in order to process to the next one.
The volunteers are living in 5-storey building consisting of 3 apartments, a common floor with kitchen, living room, balcony and a floor with the office of the EVS volunteers and the support staff. Volunteers share their rooms and their apartments with other volunteers. The neighborhood is in the city centre, close to the train station, bus stops, super markets, etc. The apartments are fully equipped with furniture and independent heating system. There is also internet connection to all the apartments. Every 30 days there is a cleaning service which visits the house to make sure the conditions of living and hygiene are always at a high level. The organisation provides 3 meals per day to the volunteers according to their personal nutrition habits.
The volunteers receive 100 euro pocket money at the beginning of each month and 5 euro per day for the weekends and days off. Volunteers are not receiving extra money for their transportation as the accommodation and the office are in the same building.
The volunteers are living in 5-storey building consisting of 3 apartments, a common floor with kitchen, living room, balcony and a floor with the office of the EVS volunteers and the support staff. Volunteers share their rooms and their apartments with other volunteers.
The neighborhood is in the city centre, close to the train station, bus stops, super markets, etc.
The apartments are fully equipped with furniture and independent heating system. There is also internet connection to all the apartments. Every 30 days there is a cleaning service which visits the house to make sure the conditions of living and hygiene are always at a high level. The organisation provides 3 meals per day to the volunteers according to their personal nutrition habits.
Ubytovanie a strava sú pre dobrovoľníka zabezpečené zdarma, cestovné náklady budú preplatené, dobrovoľník dostáva vreckové vo výške 100 eur a za každý deň sviatku a víkendu dostane 5 eur. Dobrovoľník bude mať zabezpečenú stravu 3-krát na deň. Taktiež má zabezpečené poistenie, jazykový kurz gréčtiny. To všetko z programu Erasmus+.
V prípade akýchkoľvek otázok nám napíšte na email@example.com alebo do online chatu