24/02/2017 - 05/03/2017
Sremski Karlovaci, Srbsko
- Martin Gosť
- Patrik Szomolai
Zhrnutie o čom tréning bol:
During the project, participants explored deeper different social thematic, explored the steps required for developing successful educational games (that could be used in youth work field, communities or training/workshops, schools) and developed concrete games which will be implemented, tested and evaluated during the training itself and later one in each community, disseminated and promote among other youth organizations.
The main goal of the project was to build capacities of youth organization to contribute to a cohesive and active society, through developing specific competencies in designing educational games addressing social and global issues.
More specific objectives were:
- to increase the level of knowledge in topics like: social exclusion, intercultural dialogue, social and global justice, climate change, sustainable lifestyle, and other global challenges;
- to develop practical competencies in designing and applying new educational games in youth work;
- to develop pro-active attitudes to approaching excluded young people;
- to increase the level of creativity, innovation, self confidence and trust in educational games;
- to understand the importance and be able to empower and motivate young people to create new educational tools;
- to enable youth workers to act as educational games multipliers in their communities;
- to develop abilities to facilitate educational games in diverse settings and youth work contexts;
- to contribute to a long term change in educational approach in youth field;
- to motivate youth organization to implement and mainstream the motto “think global, act local” , intercultural learning and human rights education in their work;
*Educational games are innovative board and card games, which serve as alternative methods of non-formal education in work with young people. Their aim is to address certain issues in an interactive, thought provoking and engaging way.