01/01/2018 - 30/06/2019
The overall goal of the project is to help young people fully realize their potential in economic and social dimensions as well, by mapping the ways to encourage and assist them to be entrepreneurs, and socially responsible persons.
Objectives of the project:
- Encouraging and assisting young people to become (socially responsible) entrepreneurs
- Contribution to the decrease of young NEETs (long-term objective)
- Improving the toolset of youth workers working in the field of youth entrepreneurship
- Capacity building of participating organisations, establishment of a network
- Encouraging organization and trainers currently not dealing with youth entrepreneurship
We are convinced that self-employment can constitute a perfect way of not losing the energy, capacity and skills of the youth. By introducing the opportunity of being an entrepreneur to youngsters as an appealing perspective, and giving them a thorough training on how to do it, we can contribute to enable young people to realise their potential. Our project will have a specific focus on social enterprises, directly turning the attention of youngsters towards being socially responsible and tackling social issues.
ACTIVITIES DURING THE PROJECT:
- kick-off meeting in Mexico
- collection of good practices and policy initiatives involving young people into entrepreneurial activiites
- collection of personal success stories from social entrepreneurs
- hosting 2 people on job-shadowing in Slovakia and sending 2 of them to Romania
- development a curriculum and learning materials for a two-module training. The first module of the training will be on youth entrepreneurship (including introduction to the entrepreneur mind-set [attitude and mentality] and business planning), and a second one will cover social economy.
- interim project meeting in Cyprus
- two-module national pilot trainings for at least 25 people in Slovakia
- training for youth workers in Szeged in order to disseminate prepared curriculum
- final project conference
- dissemination workshop in Slovakia
Our project intends to review and incorporate existing methods, involve the target group into the pilot implementation and assess the increment in competences and learning motivation linked to the implementation.
The end-products shall provide comprehensive, evidence-based materials for practitioners from all around Europe in a form of compilation of good practices and even concrete and tested learning materials.
The materials elaborated within the framework of the project are based on national best practices and are designed on up-to-date information and proved methodologies. These will be translated into the languages of the participant countries, but will be published in English language in order to make it easily adaptable to any other national language if such a need arises from non-participant countries. Open access will be
Youth entrepreneurship and social entrepreneurship have been generally treated as different fields, however the specific knowledge and points of view of the youth, together with their enthusiasm and active way of life makes social entrepreneurship an evident choice for young people wanting to make the world a better place. In this project, two modules will be elaborated, one on entrepreneurship, and one on social enterprises. This way youngsters are encouraged and assisted to start entrepreneurial activities, but at the same time they are introduced to the idea of being socially responsible while doing so.
Trainings will be planned to provide participants with a long-lasting experience. In order to do so, experiential education methodology will apply. Tasks will include gamification elements (game-design elements in the non-game contexts of the training), thus young participants will be put in both competitive and cooperative situations, which will significantly increase their engagement.