Date(s) - 12/03/2018 - 12/09/2018
Možnosť zúčastniť sa 6-mesačnej Európskej dobrovoľníckej služby v knižnici v meste Zarasai v Litve! Presný začiatok stáže je podľa dohody niekedy v marci alebo v apríli. Počas dobrovoľníckej služby bude v knižnici pomáhať aj dobrovoľník z Talianska. Viac informácií čo EDS vlastne je si môžete prečítať v tomto >> článku <<
Viac info o EDS:
Over the last decade Lithuanian public libraries have seen a true renaissance in terms of modernization and diversification of the activities they do and the services they provide to the local public. They have in fact become “de facto” cultural/educational centers representing the wider geographical region they are based in. Our public libraries, being modern in terms of new renovated facilities, have also started offering innovative educational activities to all age groups of their clients. It is fascinating to observe how a library (still often conservatively understood as a place to read books) attracts new audiences to join their robotics clubs, comics drawing workshops, reading with dogs and many other truly innovative initiatives.
General objectives of the project:
- With the help of international volunteers to explore and to showcase the innovations applied by thepublic libraries io Lithuania
- To lift the satellite initiatives of public libraries to the international/intercultural level
- To introduce added value to the services public libraries provide by introducing international
Io this project volunteers will be able to learn or improve at least five specific Youthpass competences:
- Communication in foreign languages. Most of their volunteers will spend communicating in English language.
- Digital competence. All libraries in this project have abilities to suggest activities, here volunteers could learn or improve their knowledge, abilities and skills in digital competence.
- Learning to learn. In all period of this project volunteers will receive more tools and information about their learning process and ho to improve it. By taking everyday tasks, common project activities, various events and their o own initiatives, young people will learn ow to find newest information.
- Social and civic competence. Living in another country with a different language, culture and nature might be challenging.
- Sense of initiative and entrepreneurship. As there as mentioned before, all volunteers will create their individual learning plans for this project.
Náplň práce dobrovoľníka v knižnici v Zarasai
Zarasai Public Library. Educational activities in the media studio with 3D cinema (A1 format printer, A3 format scanner, computer software to work with audio and video material, recording equipment, graphical design software, 3D printer and modelling software, specialized computer games to make the reader more physically active.
- General work with children – creative workshops, funny readings, basic English lessons, etc
- possibility to work with teenagers – also creative workshops, cinema club, making films, clips, young photographer’s club, etc
- possibility to work with adults – discussion’s club
- possibility to work with seniors – computers courses in bigger groups or eye-to-eye
- Volunteers can test himself/herself in media sphere (journalist, photographer, operator, designer) and help to make articles, photo or video reportages and advertisements to library’s website
The general background requirements for the candidates: volunteers who would cherish and appreciate the opportunity given to them and regard it as a valuable experience to learn and improve themselves.
Ubytovanie (v zdielanom byte so samostatnými spálňami) bude pre dobrovoľníkov zabezpečené zdarma, vreckové a príspevok na stravu – 200eur na mesiac, cestovné náklady zo Slovenska a späť budú preplatené do výšky 275eur. Taktiež bude mať dobrovoľník zabezpečené poistenie, lokálnu dopravu a jazykový kurz litovčiny.
V prípade akýchkoľvek otázok nám napíšte na email@example.com alebo do online chatu
Účasť na projekte
If you would like to apply for project, please answer the following questions: