21/08/2017 - 28/08/2017
skvelý feedback od účastníkov si môžete prečítať tu: https://www.adelslovakia.org/pribehy-ucastnikov/ze-je-polsko-len-krajinou-trhovisk-a-kroviek-ani-nahodou
Zhrnutie o čom výmena bola:
„SHOULD WE BELIEVE IN ALL WE READ?
The theme of the exchange between young people from three different European countries were the benefits and risks of the information society. The participants of the project were 45 young people from Poland, Slovenia and Slovakia at the age of 18-24 years old, active and conscious citizens of civil society who wanted to deepen their knowledge on the above subject and to be able to educate others in their environment mainly regarding cyber threats. The project “Should the believe in all we read? Media-think critically!” was implemented using a variety of non-formal and informal teaching methods (eg. working in mixed groups, workshops, brainstorming, discussions, etc.). The main principle in the course of the entire project was the principle of learning from each other.
The main objective of the project was to increase awareness about the benefits and risks of the information society and the promotion of a critical approach to the media and information. This goal was achieved by implementing the following actions:
- multimedia presentation about information society
- definition of cyber threat, information as a weapon in modern societies, information as a product; Media that uphold the values of a democratic state. The idea of the media as the fourth power. Advantages and disadvantages of universal access to information; Forms of manipulations in the media that constrict free thinking using the example of the image of refugees in the media; Critical thing
- definition and rules; Media policy; Security and protection of personal data in information socjety. Illegal purchase of personal data. How to defend ourselves and whether it is at all possible?
- Watching the TEDx lecture by Reuben Vanderentera about Generation of Information and watching the film showing the control function of the media
- Discussions after each multimedia presentation
- Working in the field with local community by inventing and carrying out a survey prior to arrival at the exchange on the topic of the forms of manipulation in the media using the example of the image of refugees in contemporary media
- Establishing by young people in mixed groups brochures about the benefits and risks of the information society
- Meeting with the local community in the host country: showing of videos and photos from a visit to the news agency, distribution of brochures, presentation of the survey results and discussion about the forms of manipulation in the media.
Through participation in the project the youth increased the awareness about how to share information about yourself in information society technologies safely. Youth through workshops with critical thinking, learnt how to approach critically and reflectively to media and information publicly available on the Internet.
What’s more, through participation in the project the youth enhanced their interpersonal skills, recognized and opened up to other cultures, stimulated their creativity. Young people increased knowledge about the benefits and risks of the information society and improved a critical approach to the media and information.
Mládežníckej výmeny sa zúčastnilo 45 mladých ľudí vo veku 18-24 rokov z Poľska , Slovenska a Slovinska .