01/01/2021 - 30/06/2023
In today’s globalized world, young people are becoming the drivers of climate action movements. However, policymakers at multiple levels are struggling to create adequate policies that can ensure long-term environmental sustainability for our planet. More than ever, we need to concentrate on the issue of environmental awareness for which we should use all resources in our hands.
There is an urgent need to empower and up-skill youth from all around the world to take action in all possible fields of human interaction. Besides the importance of environmental issues, we also experienced a number of times that outdoor activities and sports are highly undervalued as cost-effective and impactful, non-formal educational tools. Informal and non-formal education projects being delivered to young people through outdoor activities are often neglected in the fight against environmental challenges. There is an urging need to recognize and promote the educational potential of physical activity-based activities and link them to environmental awareness.
ACTIVITIES OF THE PROJECT:
Kick off meeting in Budapest
Training Course 15-21 May 2022, Lima (Peru)
Study Visit in Kenya in June 2022
Youth Exchange in Philippines in November 2022
Main objectives of the project:
- Create a platform for sharing and transfer of knowledge in the field of sport and environmental education
- Up-skill youth sport coaches, youth workers, NGO staff to increase knowledge, skills, and competencies in order to promote environmental education through games and sports
- Gather information on good practices and issue an online training module for delivering the SDG workshop in different contexts
- Provide non-formal learning and mobility opportunities for young sportspeople from disadvantaged backgrounds
- Develop an educational manual that aims to promote the concept of environmental education through grassroots sport and physical activity