17/06/2018 - 25/06/2018
Manchester, United Kingdom
Training course on exploring and practicing education through music with special focus on visual arts and web design as positive non – formal educational tools for empowerment, participation, intercultural communication and feeling European citizen of marginalised young people
Themes of the training course:
Exploring music as educational tool within local and European youth work activities with special focus on IT technology as visual arts and web design.
“ROOTS: Rhythm of our thoughts” – what is music in your youth work?
Music for empowerment of marginalised young people – who, what, when, why, how? – self – esteem and self – confidence;
Music for participation – motivation, involvement, communication skills, responsibility, management skills, etc.;
Music for culture mixture – ambiguity, cultural identity, intercultural communication;
Music for Europe – visual arts and web design as tools for European citizenship: active participation in local community and experience the feeling being European;
The overall aim of the training course was to train youth workers, youth leaders to explore and adapt creative and innovative non – formal educational methods and tools as education through music into their local youth work activities in the sake of marginalised young people they work with. To learn and practice how music with special focus on visual arts and web design can be a great tool for empowerment of marginalised young people, to motivate and involve them into local and European youth work activities and through these decreasing their ambiguity, strengthening their cultural identity and making them capable for intercultural communication in order to be able to be active members of their societies and feeling responsible part of European Union.
- To make self – assessment regarding to personal and professional approaches towards music as educational tool in youth work activities;
- To foster understanding on the influence of music and being able to use it as positive educational tool for empowerment, participation, intercultural communication and European citizenship;
- To experience and practice music as educational tool by using visual arts and web design for enhancing self – confidence and self – esteem of marginalised young people, motivate and involve them into local and European youth work activities in order to explore their cultural identity, practicing intercultural communication skills through music and experiencing the feeling as being important part of the society;
- To be able to capable to adapt education through music with special focus on visual arts and web design into local youth work realities;
- To invent youth exchanges based on the needs of marginalised young people by using music as educational tool with special focus on visual arts and web design and