02/08/2021 - 09/08/2021
Viac info o mládežníckej výmene:
For all of us who believe that democracy is the most effective political system for the common good and for achieving a balance between the authority necessary in all human societies and the freedom of the people – or the “least evil” – the phenomenon of low or limited citizens’ participation in elections, especially among youth, observed in many democratic countries today cannot but be a matter of concern.
Political participation and political engagement are considered to be necessary conditions for democracy to function effectively. However, young people are frequently singled out as a problematic group, displaying low levels of electoral turnout, a lack of trust in democratic institutions and signs of skepticism and cynicism regarding politicians and political parties.
The purpose of the project was to increase the competence level in communication and argument in the topic of the decision making process in public life among the participants.
The objectives of the project were:
- Increasing the level of competences on verifying and validating true information sources for the participants in the mobility period of the project
- Increasing the level of information regarding the European institutions and how they are working among the participants on the 10 day period of the mobility
The main characteristic of this project was that during the mobility, the participants took part in a simulation activity of the Council of European Union, in which they will represent EACH one of the 27 EU Member States. During this simulation, they discussed, debated and proposed matters which could represent topics of the EU agenda, as if they would be deciders for the countries they represent.
In order to ensure the learning outcomes and the achievement of the objectives the organizers used several non-formal education methods:
- daily energizing sessions, based on team and group games, that will prepare participants for daily activities, also aiming to strengthen the cohesion of the group and improving teamwork techniques;
- “World Cafe” round tables, where the participants discuss about topics related to the subject of the project
- Reinforcing methods such as the use of online materials or other practical examples in the field of diplomacy & negotiation
- Intercultural evenings where the participants will know the cultural, traditional, culinary and cultural specifics and social status of their countries of origin; – games and activities to relax and strengthen cooperation between participants;
- Simulation of the Council of EU, in which 27 participants will represent 1 country each, among representatives of the European Commission or other characters suitable in order to create a more realistic environment
- Teamwork for discussing the practical theme of developing proposals / activities addressed to participating organizations and the NGO environment in participating countries, political decision-makers or a target audience defined by participants divided into international teams.
Účastníci boli z Rumunska , Bulharska , Grécka , Talianska , Severného Macedónska , Poľska , Španielska a Slovenska . Z každej krajiny bolo po 5 účastníkov.