Date(s) - 15/05/2022 - 21/05/2022
The “Play 4 Sustainable Environment” training course gathered 30 youth leaders, youth workers, NGO staff, and sport educators/training from four continents (Europe, Asia, Africa, and Latin-America). The main objective of the training course was to equip participants with the necessary skills, competences, and knowledge to develop and deliver sport-based environmental educational/awareness raising activities and to exchange good practices.
Participants were involved and empowered to bring out the potential of the youngsters they work with and learn how to use sport and physical activity as tools for environmental education. The 5-day-long event took place in Lima, and it involved the organisation of awareness raising activity involving the local population.
Main goals of the training course were:
- Introduction of the relation between sport, outdoor education, and environmental sustainability.
- Introduction of the Education through Sport (ETS) methodology.
- Presentation of local initiatives and NGOs aiming to protect the natural environment.
- Informal presentation and sharing by each participant of his/her experiences related to the topic.
- Developing new Education through Sports games aiming at raising the awareness on nowadays‟ environmental challenges.
- Visiting local NGOs, organizations and schools working in the field of sustainable development.
- Workshops and interactive presentations about the utilization of sport as a tool for environmental education in local communities.
- Preparation and realization of local „Play 4 Sustainable Environment‟ multiplier event.
- Brainstorming and development of local dissemination events that the participants will realize in their local communities.
Participants were from Peru , Kenya , Philippines , Hungary , Slovakia and UK . From each country were 5 participants.