Date(s) - 20/10/2021 - 27/10/2021
You and the Mount (YATM) was an ErasmusPlus co-funded youth exchange that aimed to show what is the relationship between the people and the mountain. The project encouraged young people to support sustainable tourism and sport and to reveal to them that unwise behavior in the mountains sometimes leads to serious consequences. You and the Mount gathered young people aiming to improve the quality of performance of young people in mountains and extreme sports activities and help them and their peers to avoid fatal incidents in the future.
The main goals of You and the Mount project were:
– Acquiring skills in extreme and unpredictable situations in the mountains;
– Prevention of the risks during practicing Sports and tourism in the mountains;
– First aid skills in force majeure situations; – Selection of proper equipment and route in foreseeable mountain situations;
– Creating of web platform by the participating youngsters in the project, where they can share good practices, advices with each other, can add their friends and can stay in contact after the end of the project;
– Understanding EU priorities and policies for young people in the field of physical activity and sustainable development regarding their personal and professional development, their physical activity and the way that sport contributes to young people’s health and well-being and good practices in EU countries regarding sustainability actions.
Participants were from Bulgaria , Cyprus , Slovenia , Poland , Romania , Bosnia and Herzegovina and Slovakia [ flag=en].