01/04/2022 - 01/07/2024
EntrepreNEETs is a Small Scale Partnership in the field of youth that aims at empowering young female NEETs by providing them with entrepreneurial skills in the fields of social entrepreneurship, intercultural communication, project management, and digital and ICT skills. Therefore, it aims at combatting the following two aspects: the overrepresentation of women in the NEET category, and their underrepresentation as entrepreneurs. The main strategy that is going to be implemented to accomplish this goal is to provide youth workers with tools based on non-formal education (NFE). Thus, the project will be the exchange of good practices, aimed at producing a toolkit that can be used across the EU in fostering entrepreneurship.
It will do so by employing the Entrepreneurship as a Competence framework (EntreComp), working on the 3 competences it defines: ‘ideas and opportunities’, ‘resources’ and ‘into action’. The following EntreComp goals are in the scope of the project: ‘I want to mobilise’ and ‘I want to create value’. They will be accomplished by inspiring young female NEETs to pursue the career in the entrepreneurial world and by adapting it to their specific local context.
To summarise, the project’s objectives are:
1. Development of entrepreneurial skills of female NEETs.
2. Decrease of the number of women belonging to the NEET group.
3. Increase of the number of female entrepreneurs.
4. Increase of the teaching capabilities of youth workers in the field of entrepreneurship.
The long-term end result of EntrepreNEETs is the development of entrepreneurial skills of young women belonging to the NEET group, and, therefore, to increase their social inclusion and their employability. The collection of good practices from the Consortium of partners in an initial research will lead to a creation of toolkit that will be able to be deployed in any youth
organisation working with a similar target group. The tangible results, which will be developed through a mix of NFE methods, will be as follows:
1. A report based on a cross-country research regarding the European good practices in regard to teaching entrepreneurship and working with NEET group.
2. Thematic toolkits for entrepreneurial competences. The group of youth workers will be trained in the usage of the toolkit during a joint staff training, and later they will use it to educate a group of young women during the blended mobility of young people.