14/06/2022 - 23/06/2022
More info about the project:
Mindfulness strengthens attention and awareness, which may lead people to notice nature, the environment, and/or information about climate change; mindfulness may also lead people to be more purposeful in their behaviors which in many cases being environmentally-friendly requires engaging in behaviors that require more effort. Moreover, we believe that mindfulness leads to developing attitudes of kindness, compassion, and gratitude. And we, our partners and especially young people who were involved in the process of preparing this application believe that in a way to address issues that are concerning young people developing these attitudes is one of the steps forward.
Objectives were to:
● To increase awareness of young people, including young people with fewer opportunities, on the practice of mindfulness and the connection between mindfulness, eco-friendly attitude and nature protection;
● To empower young people, including young people with fewer opportunities, to include elements of mindfulness in their daily life;
● To address the topics of mindfulness, healthier life, eco-friendly attitude and protection of nature in the connection of supporting active youth development;
● To create series of 5 videos introducing the mindfulness practice, connection between mindfulness and eco-friendly attitude to empower young people, including young people with fewer opportunities, not directly involved in the project;
● To organize 1 offline and 1 online event in the participating countries to share lessons learned and to encourage interest of young people in the practice of mindfulness and eco-friendly attitude;
● To encourage young people to work together with young people coming from different countries and to share experiences and lessons learned;
● To provide young people information on Erasmus + Programme and its’ opportunities;
● To encourage participating organizations to include in their work with young people the elements of mindfulness as a way of promoting eco-friendly attitudes between young people.
Participants were from Turkey , Serbia , Spain , North Macedonia , Sweden and Slovakia . There were 10 participants from each country.