02/03/2023 - 10/03/2023
Self-care in youth work was a project about self-care, mental health issues, stress management and their connection to youth, youth work and youth workers. Toxic environments, and stressful conditions, are increasingly present. Nowadays, there is even a bigger need to know how to communicate empathically and manage crisis together. Acknowledging, accepting and learning how to deal with one’s emotions is crucial for the life of every human being.
Understanding oneself brings better understanding of others and creates essential human connection. This training course will equip youth workers with the right tools to manage challenging situations.
Project topics and goals:
1. Mental health and various practical tools and techniques
2. Emotional Intelligence, including empathetic communication
3. Cooperation and support of diverse groups
4. Mindfulness and nature-based techniques (such as walking mediation)
5. Non-Violent Communication (NVC) and Neurolingual programming (NLP)
6. Body movement techniques for mental health
Training course is for everyone who is interested in the topic and is in daily contact with youngsters either as a youth worker, teacher, leader, volunteer, is part of any organization where young people are gathering, school or sport clubs, and etc. From the age of 18+.
Participants were from Spain , North Macedonia , Cyprus , Italy , Romania , The Netherlands , Croatia and Slovakia . There were 3 participants from each country.