01/01/2021 - 30/06/2022
Slovakia and around Europe
SEE ME GR&OW is an Erasmus+ KA205 – Strategic Partnerships for Youth project that aims to promote an entrepreneurial mindset and culture among young people, open networking opportunities for business development and facilitate intervention at local and international level through advocacy and effective representation of the self – employed in the decision making.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROJECT:
- To combat discrimination, inequality and other forms of exploitation in the workplace
- To learn, through sharing of practices and regulations, the realities in other countries with respect to opportunities and possibilities available for self-employed people, as well as the risks and benefits of the self-employed
- To create a European network amongst at least the four organizations who work with youth, advocacy and labor right to ensure the exchange of good practices and support of SE rights
- To foster participants’ knowledge, skills and abilities about entrepreneurship and sound management skills
- To help the participants to develop their soft – skills
- To equip youth workers and youth self – employed with the basic concept and skills of advocacy to be able to create their own intervention
The following activities took place:
Transnational Partner Meetings:
1st meeting in Bratislava
2nd meeting in Athens
1st Learning Event in Cyprus followed by an online learning event (Blended mobility of young people), with the aim to create opportunities for exchange of practices and entrepreneurial tips, it contributed to increase participants’ self – confidence. Participants developed an entrepreneurial mindset and culture, identify and exploited networking opportunities for business development, cultivated the necessary for their profession soft skills and will be able to think outside the box and solve problems creatively.
2nd Learning Event in Italy followed by an online learning event (Blended mobility of young people), with the aim to equip youth workers and youth self – employed with the basic concept and skills of advocacy to be able to create their own interventions against labour inequalities. This learning event will also facilitate the creation of the network between at least four participating organizations. In this part, participants will be given some general guidelines about how to create such a network and then they will be given the time to cooperatively create this network that will support their long-term collaboration.
The main deliverable of the project will be the “SEE ME GR&OW Manual”. During the two learning activities, a manual was created. The manual includes the current situation (where we stand) in terms of challenges, benefits and legal framework for self-employment in each participating country, the suggested changes both locally and in European level (where do we want to go) and the actions that need to be done (how are we going to achieve equal labor rights).
A second important tangible result of the project is the European network of people and organisations that is created, in order to ensure the continuation of projects related to the rights of self-employed. This network is an organised group of people who will act both locally and internationally and advocate through an exchange of best practices for the self-employed rights and equality of opportunity.
Greece: ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND SOCIAL ECONOMY GROUP
Slovakia: ADEL Slovakia – ADEL SLOVAKIA
Italy: BANGHERANG APS
Portugal: MOJU – ASSOCIACAO MOVIMENTO JUVENILEM OLHAO