26/02/2024 - 29/02/2024
Sfantu Gheorghe, Romania
The „Skills 4 Future“ youth exchange in Romania is a week-long initiative aimed at transforming the perceptions of young people regarding rural living and promoting its advantages. This exchange brings together young participants from rural and urban areas of Romania and nine other countries (Hungary, Italy, Turkey, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Greece, Slovakia, Portugal, and Poland) between the ages of 16 and 30, including high school and college students, as well as young professionals.
The project employs a variety of methods such as individual and group work, discussions, interactive games, presentations, peer learning, storytelling, filmmaking, brainstorming, debates, and even theater productions to engage participants in thought provoking activities.
The objectives of the youth exchange are as follows:
• Familiarize participants with life in rural areas across ten countries, highlighting both commonalities and differences and exploring the reasons behind them.
• Share successful practices for addressing discrimination in rural communities, promoting social inclusion, and combating stereotypes.
• Equip young participants with the skills needed to address discrimination based on their rural background.
• Enhance the competencies of participants required for successful integration into diverse communities, including urban areas.
• Improve participants‘ self-confidence, critical thinking, problem-solving abilities, and creativity.
• Introduce participants to alternative options for learning and personal and professional development, such as Erasmus+ opportunities.
The target group for this youth exchange consists of young people aged 16 to 30 living in rural areas who may be transitioning from high school to urban study or work or who already face integration challenges and discrimination due to their rural upbringing.
Participants from various countries, both in rural areas and those who have migrated to urban centers, will come together to address the unique issues they face.
Youth exchange is for everybody who are interested in the topic, want to travel, learn and meet new people and cultures from the age of 16 – 30. Leaders can be older than that.
Participants will be from Hungary , Greece , Romania , Poland , Italy , Turkey , Portugal , Bulgaria , Czechia and Slovakia . There will be 5 participants from each country.
Accommodation and food will be provided and financed from the Erasmus + program during the whole project. Travel costs will be reimbursed up to 275 euro. Detailed information regarding financial procedures are written in FAQ and will be further explained with selected participants.
Registration is open until form is closed. Closed form mean we already finished choosing participants and therefore it is not possible to apply anymore.