01/08/2018 - 28/09/2018
Možnosť zúčastniť sa na 2-mesačnej Európskej dobrovoľníckej služby v EKO centre na chorvátskom vidieku v Latinovac. Trvanie EDS je od 1. augusta – 28. septembra 2018. Viac informácií čo EDS vlastne je si môžete prečítať v tomto článku: http://www.adelslovakia.org/moznosti-pre-vas/europska-dobrovolnicka-sluzba-skvela-alternativa-najma-pre-absolventov
- To educate youth and local people about permaculture (theory and practice), sustainability, eco-building, food production… etc.
- To help in the community at seasonal work during the summer
- To develop hiking and cycling routes and promote them among the area
- To support and develop community spirit, by helping each other and promoting activism
- To promote mobility projects among youngsters, being the EVS volunteers an example of it
- To highlight Latinovac into a bigger community, involving new people into community development
- To create educational and entertainment activities for the local community
- To support solidarity and community spirit, learning from intergenerational and intercultural exchange and mutual understanding about the community; on this way we decrease prejudices and stereotypes
- To promote European values such as professional growth, activism, solidarity… etc
- To help the volunteers to self-develop themselves through their personal projects
Specific Activities: Promotion and education of permaculture: practice in local properties, gardening, waste management and recycling, eco-building…etc
- Healthy lifestyle education: healthy food workshops, gardening, international recopies, hiking and cycling…etc
- Intercultural exchange: intercultural events involving the local community
- Volunteer’s personal projects
- Fall Fest
Volunteers are supposed to work 5 days per week and 6 hours per day according to the EVS Charter, having 2 free consecutive days. From Tuesday to Saturday we meet at 9 am and we start working, being lunch break at 13 am and working 2 hours more in the afternoon. Mostly physical activities are scheduled in the morning and theoretical and creative activities will take place in the afternoon. It can happen that on some days we will work a little bit more while on others less – depending on the weather and the job. Please be as flexible as we are. Every volunteer will receive as pocket money 4€ per day. Pocket money will be handed out to the volunteers at the beginning of the month.
Food is covered by us, we buy the ingredients and we prepare the 3 meals (in agreement with you). Volunteers will help in the preparation of the food, and we are happy to exchange recipes and ideas with you. During free days, food is not covered in the Eko Centar, but we will provide you the money for it (6€ per day). The food in the Eko Centar is vegetarian, but during the help in the community most of the meals are prepared meat-based, so volunteers have the opportunity to eat with them in their house. For us, it is really important to buy local and organic products as much as possible, we produce some of it in our property and we visit local food producers.
Volunteers should be interested in environment, sustainable development, permaculture, cultural differences, living in rural area. As well, they should be creative, communicative, open minded about differences, willing to live in rural area and to share knowledge and information about their culture and their country. Team players, with community spirit, active participants, adaptable and willing to work on promotion of mobility and the project in social media.
Volunteers are going to live in the village Latinovac, being the Eko Centar Latinovac part of it. Volunteers will be hosted in the village and live together with villagers in their houses. These are valuable experiences; the accommodation is simple and not exclusive. This means that you should be willing to share room, toilet and bathroom with other volunteers. Simple accommodation means that you will be provided with bed, pillow, sheets, duvets and blankets, furniture heating and warm water. Upon you arrival we will arrange your sleeping place and provide you with the points mentioned above. The organisation provides 3 meals per day to the volunteers according to their personal nutrition habits.
Information about the village
Latinovac is one of the smallest villages in Croatia, located in Easter part. It is part of the municipality of Čaglin with approximately 60 inhabitants. This municipality is on the eastern part of the county of Pozesko-slavonska. It is consisting of 31 settlements. All together, this counts a population size of 2.691 inhabitants according to the 2011 population consensus index. What is striking however is a constant decrease of local population from 312 inhabitants in 1961 to currently 60 in 2015.
Ubytovanie a strava sú pre dobrovoľníka zabezpečené zdarma, cestovné náklady budú preplatené, dobrovoľník dostáva vreckové vo výške 4 eur/deň. Počas víkendu dostane dobrovoľník príspevok na stravu 6 eur/deň. Dobrovoľník bude mať zabezpečenú stravu 3-krát za deň. Taktiež má zabezpečené poistenie, jazykový kurz chorvátčiny. To všetko z programu Erasmus+.
Dobrovoľníci budú z Talianska , Bulharska , Poľska , Portugalska , Španielska , Grécka a Slovenska . Z každej krajiny bude po 2 dobrovoľníkov
V prípade akýchkoľvek otázok nám napíšte na firstname.lastname@example.org alebo do online chatu
Účasť na projekte
If you would like to apply for project, please answer the following questions:
Prihlasovanie na tento projekt bolo uzatvorené. Momentálne prebieha výber účastníkov.